Sunday, November 7, 2010

Week 10 - Fri, Nov 5 - shingle shopping, bonus room!

I (Victoria) drove around all day looking at shingles on different houses. I'm getting close to making a decision . . . I do so love to draw out decisions, you know. I just want all the facts and want to give each candidate a fair shake. or shingle.

Back at the house, they got a lot done today. Before I left to drive around, I noticed the trusses that were to go on the front of the garage were way too steep. When we got back, they said, yeah, they were too steep, so they'll stick frame that, too. So Mike says he'll use those for a shed, someday. Later that night, I was measuring stuff, and staring at the front of the house, and figured out that the front 4 windows (the main "spotlight" four) were mis-measured, so we'll have to adjust those, but that won't be a hard adjustment at all.

Some other adjustments are going to be a much bigger pain for them, which kinda makes me feel like a jerk - but this is our final, final home, and we don't want to wish later that we'd just asked them to fix this or that, while they could. Chad is super nice about it, too, and assures us not to worry about asking for things.

I love love love the bonus room over the garage.  It has the only west-facing windows in the house (Snow Basin view.)  And it has windows facing north and south.  And it has great little cubbies where the shed dormers are - I love it!

Here is Mike walking ahead of me on our nightly walk with the foom-foom flashlight.


These are the windows facing north, inside the bonus room.




1 comment: